Happy Spring 2016!
Fall 2015 Deadline
I have often felt that the fabrication of the “ideal woman” is an outdated and damaging social construct that should be revaluated. Such confines separate women from the work-world, as well as from self-realization, alienating them from men and removing their individuality and human- ity. My work takes symbols of femininity and juxtaposes them with the reality of their emotional repercussions. The overall degradation and broken/shattered nature of the environment becomes the symbol of femininity, be it a dress, deer, or an actual woman.
- rechard on Considering Cultural Identity | MAY 8
- rechard on Historical Factors and the Future of Spanish Maintenance in the Albuquerque Metro Area | MAY 8
- rechard on UNM Standards Rise as Education Disappears: The Top-Down Effect | MAY 8
- rechard on The Words of Unhappiness | MAY 8
- rechard on Cross with Krauss: An Inquisitive Exploration into “The Photographic Conditions of Surrealism” | MAY 8